2 Jun 2009

Coconut and dulce de leche sandwiches

 Coconut cookies dulce de leche sandwiches Autumn definitely could be feeling now. After warm days, this week end the weather changed, for worth. All weekend was rainy and cold. For otherwise is nice for stay at home taking the opportunity to enjoy the cold weather to drink some tea, perhaps with toast or cookies and watch movies. So I decided to bake some for us. One of my favorite sweet combos is coconut and dulce de leche. For these cookies I used a traditional German recipe knowing as Kokosmakronen. This version is very common here and quite simple, I made it in round cookie shape and filled with dulce the leche. Really delicious Dibujo

Ingredients 2 eggs 150g sugar 50g butter softened 1 tablespoon plain flour 125g coconut (sweetened or desiccated)

Preheat oven to 175C/335F. Place parchment paper on several baking sheets. Beat eggs in large bowl. Gradually add in the sugar; mix well. Add butter, flour, coconut and mix well.Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the coconut mixture onto the parchment paper (or rounded teaspoonfuls, if you want a smaller cookie). Bake for 15 minutes, until coconut is golden brown. Be careful in the last few minutes, so as to not burn the coconut. Fill with dulce de leche

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! I ove dulce leche!

lisaiscooking said...

Your cookies look fantastic! The dulce de leche filling sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

oh my ghosh! looks delicious!

and the photos are awesome. is this from your new camera? great job!

paz

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Fantastic pictures. You always do so well.

La cuina vermella said...

Estos sandwiches entran por los ojos! que ricura!

lisa (dandysugar) said...

These cookies look DELICIOUS, Sylvia! I love dulce de leche and cocount and together, well..it's the most lovely combination! They are scrumptious.

Ginny said...

They look delicious!!! :)

Jackie @PhamFatale.com said...

It looks pefect. They're like macarons with a twist. Yum!

Manggy said...

Delicious and very Argentinian! :)

Ivy said...

I love coconut cookies and I would eat them all with dulce de leche.

Laurie said...

Sylvia I would love to have one of these right now with my coffee. How delicious and yummy looking! :)

Marta said...

Sabes, yo disfruto mucho el comienzo del otonno... me parece romantica la lluvia y siempre le doy la bienvenida a mis abrigos. Me gusta poder cocinar platos mas robustos y "comforting"... y me encanta ver las ojas caer!
Estas galleticas se ven deliciosamente dulces. Puedo ser ignorante y decir que parece las version cocosa de un alfajor?!
Veo que estas poniendo a muy buen uso tu camara nueva! YAY!

african vanielje said...

Can't believe you do all this in two languages. And the pics are better than any language. Gorgeous, delicious, yummy etc....

helen said...

Oh my. These looks seriously good! I spy a jar of dulche de leche in my fridge...

Carolina Andrade said...

Olha Sylvia, isso é maldade! Assim não ha dieta que aguente, mesmo de longe e distante a gente ve e quer provar....Eu quero!! Beijos

Hillary said...

Could this be considered an alfajore? I loved the abundance of dulce de leche when I was in Buenos Aires.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Yes this is amazing Sylvia. It reminds me of one of my favourite candy bars.

Sylvia said...

Thanks for your kind comments

Marta, tenicamente no, pues la massa de los alfajores no se caracteriza por llevar coco, siempre es una massa, que puede ser con manteca o con o con maizena.

Hillary I stopped by and was very good.
Technically no. Alfajor's dough is usually made with cold butter or corn starch

Colleen said...

What is a gl? I've googled this measurement and fond no response. Please help! I've already made the dulce de leche and am stuck!

Cuanto es 150 gl de azucar?

Sylvia said...

Princess2 I am so sorry, my mistake, writing in three deferents languages makes that I had those kind of mistakes. Is g from grams 150 grams.
150 g = 5.30 oz
Sorry again

Arlette said...

Hello Sylvia

Thanks so much for posting this.. Coconut Macaroons are very popular in Lebanon, and I completely forgot about them... I saw your recipes posted by one of the Walima Members and the posting brought me to this amazing blog.. For sure this will not be my first time...
I love your food and the Argentinian Flavours...