26 Jul 2012

A walk on San Telmo


San Telmo is certainly one of the most traditional neighborhoods of Buenos Aires, and has everything you expect to find, when we visited Buenos Aires for the first time.

We had planned to go to Buenos Aires Market, and walked from the antiques fair to Calle Caseros, was noom or more when we stopped for lunch at this beautiful restaurant with the the same name of the street.Caseros

The environment is beautiful and cozy, the food is fresh, simple and minimalist, as the way I like it. A special highlight for the breads and focaccia with rosemary and sea salt, wonderful. The service is friendly as well the waiters, and a wine list is very correct.




After lunch we walked through Buenos Aires Market and had many well-prepared organic food,  I was disappointed a little because I thought I'd find more organic fruits and vegetables, but the walk itself was nice.

     


.
And returning to the antiques fair, at Dorrego square, was impossible not to see and enjoy some couples dancing tango with the beautiful old architecture of Buenos Aires as a backdrop All was very beautiful and picturesque.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend




6 comments:

Beth said...

Wonderful photos! I really hope to make it to BA someday!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

The pics are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Lori Lynn said...

Enchanting as ever, Sylvia!
LL

Baerbel said...

So beautiful! It's one of my biggest wishes to travel there

Sylvia said...

Thank you all

Joyce Vargas said...

I love the charm of old architecture. I could just imagine the rate of their creativity by making those land marks suing limited and 'obsolete' tools.