6 Mar 2009

Friday’s quick ideas for the week end # 2

Oregano & lavender in vase Dibujo This week end seems will be a little relaxing, lucky me! Just a couple of friends came to visit us to drink something and chat. So I started to search for any inspiration in my fridge, as usually. I don’t know about you, but I open the fridge and the most of the times I had a good inspiration. But, this time I didn’t waste money and save at the same time. You know, we are living kind a turning point, where the future can be uncertain, and we didn’t know how difficult can be the future ahead. Is a challenge, at least for me, cooked something and no run to the grocery if I had a missing ingredient. Rosemary detail That invariably is not just the missing ingredient, are one ore more things that I didn’t really need. So I focused only in available ingredients in my fridge and pantry. And only not in the main ingredient as I usually do I had three rounds red peppers, onion, garlic, almonds, olive oil, fresh rosemary and chives from my garden and potatoes So, I resolve make a sort of Tapas and boiled tinny potatoes season with olive oil salt and fresh chives.

Roasted red round pepper with roasted almonds Tapas You have two ways to roasted peppers. One is: pour the peepers directly over the flame and turn it until skin blisters and turns black, and the inside turns tender. Peel away skins and remove the seeds and the membranes. Or Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F Cut the peppers into quarters. Remove the seeds and the membranes. Roast the peppers until the skin blisters and turns black. Remove from oven and cover with plastic, or a tea towel, or place in a paper bag until cool. With this step, the steam makes the pepper turn tender. The skins should peel away off of the peppers easily when cooled. It's even quicker if you use the grill. Cut in dices, lightly sauté in olive oil and 2 garlic glove minced, add a honey tablespoon, and mix. Pour red or orange pepper flakes, if desired. At last add roasted almond flakes and fresh rosemary leaves. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve roasted peppers with warm bread or in antipasto. AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

My daughter makes a version of this so I can imagine the fresh, clean flavours well:D

Anonymous said...

Sylvia, I know what you mean about everything you've posted about! I'm trying to be more aware of how much I spend and how often. What a beautiful, colorful and healthy dish you've created! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the ideas honey.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Looks great what you made. This is something I would enjoy. Great colors.

Manggy said...

I've always shied away from the open flame version :/ I gotta try that, it looks delicious! Wishing you well on whatever the future holds :)

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful quick recipe!

Paz

Pam said...

Look colorful, healthy, delicous and beautiful. Well done.

Ivy said...

Lovely use of your ingredients. It sounds healthy and delicious as well.