24 Feb 2009

Zabaglione Tiramisu

First of all let me thanks for your word and support. The good new was that I had my Flickr account back, after almost a week exchanging mails. So I uploaded my tiramisu photo to commemorate Sabayon Tiramisú for two There was a long time that I didn’t eat t tiramisu, for one simple thing: My recipe had raw eggs yolks, and it was the way that I ate at the first time and I love it. At this time I no had idea about salmonella and its diseases I am talking about 15 years ago or more , when Tiramisu was the hit of the moment .I tasted tiramisu without eggs and definitely is not the same thing. So I tried to fix it searching new ways to make a good tiramisu, without success, I must confess, until now. I cooked the eggs yolks, making a Zabaglione and then adding mascarpone, it was delicious and most important, safe. Try this recipe and tell me about what you think. Is simply stunning Zabaglione Tiramisu Ingredients: Tiramisu Set 200g mascarpone cheese 1 cup whipped cream ¾ cup espresso or strong black coffee ¾ cup coffee liquor as Tia Maria or similar 4 Tbsp unsweet cocoa powder 24 ladyfingers Zabaglione Eggs & Marsala 4 egg yolks 4 Tbsp sugar 4 Tbsp Marsala wine (or Porto or sweet sherry) Directions Beat eggs yolks and sugar until foamy. Then add the wine and continues beating. In a metal bowl that can be suspended over simmering water, set the mixture over the simmering water and whisk constantly for about 4-5 minutes. If the mixture heats too quickly, remove it from the heat for a few seconds. You want to cook the eggs slowly so the mixture stays very smooth. Batten until thick and foamy. Swiss meringue 4 white eggs 100g sugar Directions: Combine the whites and sugar in a mixing bowl Stand over a bain marie and whisk until mixture reaches 38 °C (100ºF) this will feel just barely warm to the touch Remove from heat and continue whisking until completely cold Directions: Mix gently mascarpone with whipped cream Combine with Zabaglione and Swiss meringue until smooth. Pour the espresso and liquor into a shallow dish. Quickly dip a ladyfinger, turning to dip both sides, taking care to wet it, but not so much that it falls apart. Place a layer of soaked ladyfingers on the bottom of your dish. Spoon half of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers. Repeat with another layer of espresso soaked ladyfingers, followed by another layer of the mascarpone/zabaglione mixture.Chill for at least two hours before serving.Sift cocoa powder over the top when you serve

12 comments:

Odete said...

Fantastic!!! I love it.

Anita said...

Your photos are incredible !
Very beautiful blog, by the way...

Laurie said...

I make a zabione in for my tiramisu too. Your photo's are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, this looks so delicious! The zabaglione looks creamy and amazing! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I love it! Your Zabaglione tiramisu looks awesome!

I, too, love the tiramisu with the original recipe with raw eggs but I can't make it because my sister has a low immune system and can't risk eating foods with raw eggs, etc... So, once I made a zabaglione and it was pretty good. Definitely safer to eat. ;-)

Spectacular photos as usual.

Congrats on getting your account back.

Beijos,
Paz

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Looks wonderful. I love tiramisu! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

That photo of the eggs just out of their shell is outstanding!
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

Sylvia,
Your photos just keep getting better and better! This would be perfect for the festa event (hint hint)
xox

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

That is JUST beautiful!!! Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts of all times - what a great way to celebrate getting your Flickr account back!

Delícias e Talentos said...

Olá, Sylvia!
Adorei esta receita de tiramissu, que delícia maravilhosa!
Vou levá-la comigo! :)

The Cooking Ninja said...

I love how you present it. :) I always make tiramisu with raw egg yolks and whites. I never have any problems with it.

Mariana said...

Exquisito!! Hice este postre para Navidad y les encantó a todos. Hace rato que buscaba una receta de tiramisú que llevara huevo, pero cocido. Muchas gracias!!

ymme said...

Prachtige blog met mooie foto's
Groetjes,
Emmy (Ymme)