13 Aug 2008

Caramelized banana Crepes in Dulce de leche sauce or

......How to say thank you

Sunday morning I woke up early, as usually. Took my coffee with a hint of milk, switch on my lap and started to read my mails. But, in the middle of my reading I stopped and I went to You Tube watch some video music. You know, I heard a lot of music around all day. When I was little I constantly imagine that life certainly must be perfect if we had our own life soundtrack. It was a blessing when walkman appears (I am from this generation, no Mp3 or 4, IPods in this time). I started listening U2 in early days. In a moment I jumped to the verve (Bitter sweet symphony), that I love this song, passing for Coldplay (Viva la vida) and the killers (Mr Brightside).

Sugar

Yes, The killers, I know, poor rhyme, catchy song. But the video is cool and their music makes me feel good, in fact I love pop songs. I had a surprise when I saw the singer’s face. He looks pretty young. Curious, I never think in other people as young or old Unless when they are children or old age people So, I sadly conclude that I getting older Yes, my friends I am in a turning point I am not young anymore ,but in the other hand I am not really old. Is like a wicked opposite teen. Is pretty weird for not mentioned, scary….and I still having a great liking for The killers. In fact the music is a synthesis for my personal tastes. I love l ultramodern kitchen appliances, modern design; Avant Garde Theater, poetry and independent movies .My own husband is an IT developer

Bananas

So, in a world where white hair means less and less and plastic surgeon are getting richer (I refuse” laminate” my face for one of those). I can’t see clearly would I can find my place in this world .Certainly I’ll be see as a freaky old woman. At that moment my husband went into the kitchen, getting me out of my thoughts, kisses me and said: “You look pretty and clever right now, I like how those glasses looks in you.” My entire existentialist crises are gone in this moment I no idea what will be my place in this world, yet. Maybe I became a clever and modern old lady, maybe not. But I am sure, the most important thing is that I will be a happy and beloved old lady

Grateful I decide feed his sweet tooth making this as a treat for him

Caramelized banana crepe & Dulce de leche sauce

Caramelized banana Crepes in Dulce de leche sauce or

How to say thank you

Basic crepes recipe

Caramel banana crepes

4 large eggs 1 ½ cups milk 1 ½ teaspoons sugar 1 pinch salt 1 cup flour 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter, plus more for cooking 1. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, 1/2 a cup of milk, sugar, flour, and salt until the batter is smooth. 2. Whisk the remaining cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of melted butter into the batter. Let it stand for 1 hour at room temperature. 3. Heat a crepe pan (or small skillet) over moderate heat and brush with melted butter. 4. Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan and immediately rotate the pan to coat the bottom evenly. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom (about 30 seconds). 5. Flip the crêpe and cook until brown dots appear on the second side, which takes about 10 seconds longer.

To make the caramelized bananas, add 1 tablespoon of butter onto a heated pan, then add 2 bananas (sliced). Then add 1 tablespoon of white or brown sugar and swirl around until sugar caramelizes onto bananas!

Dulce de leche sauce

banana galore

1 cup whipping cream ½ cup dulce de leche

1 tablespoon cognac or Armagnac

Combine whipping cream dulce de leche and spirit in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until dulce de leche dissolves. Boil until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes

8 comments:

Manggy said...

First off, the crepes look perfect. The caramel rippling off it is just so tempting.

Second, it's really no crime to be old(er) and enjoy the things you want to enjoy, like The Killers! It's far more important to be comfortable in your own skin :)

Thistlemoon said...

Nahhh...you can't be that old! You look beautiful yet Sylvia! :)

Don't feel too bad - I still love the Red Hot Chili Peppers (they are now in their late 40's themselves!) and my husband loves Guns N' Roses! So funny!

Those crepes look amazing! I adore dulce de leche anything!

Anonymous said...

Smart man! Lovely compliment he gave you. What a treat! I wish I could have a taste right now.

Paz

test it comm said...

Those look so good with dulce de leche dripping all over them.

Gloria Baker said...

Sylvia, que maravilla esta receta!! se ve deliciosa ademàs amo el Dulce de Leche!!! ademàs como siempre las fotos son preciosas, amiga te felicito de corazòn!xxxGloria

Ivy said...

Sylvia thanks for passing by and giving me the opportunity to find out more about you. You have a lovely blog and your pictures are so beautiful. I love crepes especially with bananas. I don't know what dulce di leche is but shall check it out later on. Regarding your post I think that growing up is part of our existence and we shouldn't be in denial. We must see the positive aspects of growing old and that is that we are alive and get to see our children grow up and will be even luckier to see our grandchildren. The important thing is to enjoy every phase of our life.

Orchidea said...

Oh my Gog!!! Those crepes look so delicious!!! Very good job.
Ciao.

Cynthia said...

You've left me with a smile on my face :)