15 Jun 2007

Argentine like Dulce de leche



My friend and blog neighbor Daniel invites myself to participate in a challenged. To make a recipe that represented the region in that I live. I am foreign , but I always listened that anything no more Argentinean that the sweet milk comfiture, will be?? I don’t know, but I know that is typical. I Believe that to be a country producing of having won milk is not the problem . Everything in Argentina takes milk Comfiture. Filled cakes …whith ?? Milk comfiture!! Covering???? The same ... The cookies are... with milk comfiture. Until the chocolates are filled with milk comfiture .....afff!! But it is very taste and with a sweet smooth!!!

The recipe ,It’s not difficult. It takes their time, some about two hours cooking .The brown color gives it to him by the baking soda, as much as you put more dark it is.

For each liter of milk, 400 gs of sugar

1 coffee spoon baking soda

1 vanilla bean

Take boil the milk with the vanilla bean, when begins to boil, put the sugar and the baking soda. Cook in low fire, always mixing, until has a creamy consistency.Continuos mixing untill cold.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is very interesting Sylvia. I am happy to learn about it. Your photographs look like something in a fancy magazine.

Sylvia said...

Oh Thanks Cynthia,It was frozen outside(-1ªC),but the light was so beatiful... and I didn't resit miss this moment.

Oh for the love of food! said...

Hi Sylvia, I have never tasted milk comfiture before, It must taste like a custard, then? What does the baking soda do for it?

Sylvia said...

No ,Carol ,is not like custard.It taste something how heavy cream whith caramel.The baking soda added the chesnut color.I´m linking your blog in mine now.

Thistlemoon said...

Yum! I love Dulche de Leche! I did not realize how easy it is to make! So you can use it as icing and cake filling? What else? I have mostly had it as an ice cream flavor.

Sylvia said...

Yes,Jenn ,here is used in the most of time ,to filled and icing cakes. Is easy ,but you have patience for 2 or 3 hours mixing

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel