2 May 2012

Rose petals Napoleon





A few times we contemplate that many of the flowers we use are edible and delicious. For a very long time flowers have been used as ingredient for food, from the Romans to Orient but especially in Indian and Chinese cuisine.





For a very long time flowers have been used as ingredient for food, from the Romans to Orient but especially in Indian and Chinese cuisine.


 I was thinking about that when I saw this lovely  box of edible roses that I thought how delicate would be a dessert with rose petals. The idea of ​​a Rose  Napoleon  quickly appeared in my mind and I did  it. Hope you like it.





Rose petals Napoleon

Ingredients



  • 1 package frozen puff pastry
  • 300 ml cream
  • 5 tablespoons sugar
  • 4 tablespoons of rose jam
  • 3 drops of rosewater
  • Pink food coloring
  • Edible roses to decorate

Directions:
  • Cut the pastry into circles about 6 inches in diameter
  •   Place on a greased baking pan and bring to a medium oven until they are lightly browned.
  • Beat the cream until lightly thick, Add the rosewater, jelly, .sugar and coloring. Continue beating until form  thick peaks Leave.into the refrigerator until time to use.
Assembly:

  •       Place a circle on the plate , Spread with a thin layer of rose jelly or raspberry jam.

  • Place a generous layer of whipped cream and repeat garnish with edible rose petals

11 comments:

CV Love said...

Que bom aspecto!

Jim & Katie said...

Do you think you could use Rosewater instead of Rose Essence?

Sylvia said...

In fact I used it. I fix it on my recipe. Thanks

Mari Nuñez said...

Esa confitura de rosas tiene que ser una delicia incomparable! Preciosas presentación. Feliz día :)

Madelief said...

Beautiful photographs Sylvia. A joy to look at! I wish we could buy boxes of edible roses in Holland. I would love to try out your recipe.

Perhaps I can use some of the roses in my garden too. I will check it out!

Have a lovely day!

Madelief

Laurie said...

Sounds so delicious! I really need to keep rose water on hand. It would make a lovely ice cream too! :)

alp said...

Muy original..da gusto verlas..un beso desde Murcia..seguimos..

Kajal - Aapplemint said...

Sylvia, This is such a pretty post, I cannot stop admiring the lovely pictures and delicate dessert. Simply beautiful.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A beautiful treat! What a heavenly flavor.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Styling, photos and recipe are fantastic!
Thank you for sharing :)

Terence said...

Very beautiful and lovely pictures.