10 Nov 2009

Fresh lemon ice cream

lemon ice cream with lavender



I love lemon's taste and aroma. In fact I love citrus flavors and lemons are my weakness.
I like them all.
Use yellows to sweeten and lime to taste. I love lemon pie and as it could not be in  love with lemon ice cream ,of course my favorite flavor.





Lemon ice cream is the ideal end to a heavy meal or a barbecue. No matter if it's winter or summer, a classic is always a classic.
I like to combine with lavender and put some flowers for flavor it, but is entirely optional. The recipe was written off in a cooking show that's happening in the Rai, as it was time ago I can´t remember the name of the show.Is very creamy and tasty. If you have a ice cream machine,perfect, just follow the manufacturer's instructions, I hope you like it.





Ingredients

  • 220 g white sugar
  • 120 ml lemon juice
  • 120 ml heavy cream
  • 2 eggs white
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 pinch of salt





Method

Place in a pan  water, 160g sugar and pinch of salt. Boil for five minutes. Allow to cool and increase the cream and lemon juice. Bring to freezer to harden snow Beat the egg whites with remaining sugar. until thick Remove from the freezer and mix with a fork or whisk until obtain a fluffy mix . Add beaten egg whites and lead to freeze in the freezer
Bookmark and ShareAddThis Social Bookmark Button


17 comments:

Chef Chuck said...

Ligero y suave, lindas fotos!

Laura in Paris said...

ue bueno, limon con lavanda! No usas "sorbetiere"? Tus fotos son hermosas!

RECEITAS DA VOVÓ CRISTINA said...

Obrigada pela visita! Estou escrevendo em português, afinal vc deixou um recadinho no cantinho da vovó. Adorei seu blog tb, já estou te seguindo e estarei sempre passeando por aqui. Bjs.

grace said...

i've never tried lemon-flavored ice cream, but it'd be sooo refreshing! lovely creation, and your photography is spectacular!

Ginny said...

Beautiful! I love your photos!

Educação Ativa said...

don´t stop with your beautiful arts,please!
maravilhoso, esplendorosoe sençassional!nunca em toda minha vida , tinha visto a arte gastronõmica de uma forma tão linda e respeitável.
parabéns ,vc realmente é uma artista de mãos cheias.
obrigada pela recente visita em meu blog, e tenha certeza ,será uma honra colocar um link de seu site, entre os meus favoritos!
felicidades, paz e sucesso!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!

Susan @ SGCC said...

This ice cream looks divine! Lemon is one of my absolute favorite flavors too. The lavender looks so pretty too. :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

I wanna lick my screen when I saw this ice cream!

Adi said...

Ah, Sylvia, adoro tus fotos y tus recetas, son originales y muy elegantes y aunque vamos en opuestas direcciones en lo que a estaciones del año respecta, me guardo todas y cada una de ellas para nuestra primavera.
Un abrazo.

Pity said...

me encanta esta combinacion de sabores, deicioso! buen trabajo!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! This looks heavenly. I bet it tastes heavenly. Lovely photos as usual.

Paz

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Lemon is my chocolate Sylvia.....a perfect combination.

lisaiscooking said...

Lemon desserts are my favorites, and your ice cream cones look lovely! This sounds very light and refreshing.

Dewi said...

Could it be more fresh than a homemade ice cream? I guess not, love the homemade version.

Chibog in Chief said...

Who cares if we are already autumn here in France I love that lemon ice-cream!! the photos are magnificent as always!!

Joy said...

Sylvia you have a beautiful blog. Your pictures are wonderful and breathtaking! I love your fresh lemon ice cream, it sounds like such a great and refreshing dessert. I look forward to knowing you through your blog, keep up the GREAT work!!