Remolding kitchen is not an easy job. I confess that I am exhausted with the noise and dust. If, are you planning make an remolding, keep in mind that you don’t have a cooker for a few weeks, or, worst, for month. In my case I think is a month now. And I really miss cook and blogging.
In the other hand, this week, I had a serious problem with my internet line. So, without internet I started to watch photos, which I pretend transform in little pictures for decorated one of the walls of my new kitchen and I found Spanakopita’s photo. I made one for my husband’s birthday, and I made equal Peter’s recipe. If you don’t know Peter´s blog Kalofagas you must know, is full of delicious Greek recipes But I do not made, like him, the dough, I just bought. The recipe is easy and delicious
12 Phyllo sheets
500gr. ricotta cheese 3 large eggs 500 gr. feta cheese 1/2 cup chopped fresh dil 2 bunches of scallions, sauteed in oil (softened) 3 bunches of spinach, washed, blanced, drained (or 3 boxes of from frozen spinach) salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the above ingredients and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, reserve.
- Lay 6 phyllo sheets in the pan, lightly brushing each with oil or melted butter before adding the next layer. Brush all the edges first since that is where drying will begin.
- Spoon the spinach mixture over the top of the phyllo and carefully spread evenly to within about 1/2 inch of the edges
- Lay 6 more phyllo sheets on top, brushing each one with oil or melted butter before adding the next layer.
- Cover and chill for about 30 minutes to set.
- Bake until golden, about 30-minutes.