You may say: Another Panettone leftover recipe? You provably right… But I baked 2 kilos of panettone. And I still had a half kilo in my pantry and I think in made a pudding. And searching for a new recipe I found Jaime Oliver’s recipe from Oliver’s Twist
I had no words to describe this pudding. Absolutely delicious is the only that I can say, but is more than is. A little bit decadent? Perhaps yes. But I ate without guilty
- 575ml Full Fat Milk
- 575ml Double Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 4 medium Eggs
- 170g Caster Sugar
- Zest Of 1 Orange
- Panettone (Cut Into Thick Slices & Buttered)
- To start the custard base, bring the milk and cream just to boil in a saucepan.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half, scrape out the seeds and add to the pan with the zest.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar until pale then whisk in the milk and cream, remove the pod shell and whisk together with the eggs.
- Dip each slice of panettone into the custard and pile into the buttered baking dish.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C / 325F / Gas 3.
- Place the dish in a roasting tin and half fill with hot water, sprinkle with icing sugar and bake for about 45 minutes.
When cooked it will have a slight crust on top but will still be slightly wobbly inside.