When I lived in São Paulo, I had the routine of stopping in the sweet shop Cristallo, after walking for a street to that I liked a lot and in the one that on the way to some shopping.
For me Cristallo is one of the best sweet shops, for the quality and the freshness of its products, drink a good coffee accompanied by a piece of apricots cake was many times the perfect end of an afternoon of shopping in one Saturday.
I miss those days as well as the cake also. Not I can say that here in
One day of these I decided to recreate the cake at home. The cake didn’t was exactly same, but it was very good. I believe that if I made it, perhaps, with an ordinary sponge cake the serious most similar result. But it was very good was the first cake of regular size; yes, I always make half recipe of pastries, cookies and flans, there are not this way leftovers; but this it was devoured at home and neither a crumb has been to make history.
The recipe is this
Apricots pie and marzipan
6 Tablespoons grated bread
250G milled almonds
Whip the eggs white, join the yolks one by one, add the sugar by spoon one by one two and continue hit until bending the volume. So, increase the grated bread and the nuts mixing carefully. Take hold in regular oven, in a pan covered with butter paper and anointed with butter. Leave to cool down.
For confectioner's cream:
3 Spoonfuls of wheat flour
150 Ml. milk
3 Spoonfuls cream, fresh canned (I used fresh cream to 0 % fat)
Bring together the yolks with sugar, and flour, mixed well and add the milk, little by little. Put to the heat and mix until boil. When thickens, leave the heat and add the cream and continued mixing well Hit until to be freshness and fill the tart.
6 tablespoon apricot preserve
1 Marzipan package
- When the tart is take off the oven and cools down that it lowers a little bit, or take off a little of the interior of the center and give it a torte shape.
- Fill with the cream in a homogeneous way
- Put confectioner's sugar into the marzipan and work until you had a elastic paste .
- Make small cylinders with the marzipan and cut approximately in
- Cut tapes in the torte shape and put them in the vertical position on the cake and cross them in the horizontal line to the style of linzer torte.
- Fill the cells with apricots marmalade, paint with marmalade of the marzipan and become to the oven for gilding the marzipan