24 May 2011

One tart and a summery breakfast




I have mentioned with you about my penchant for pies and tarts, because are practical,  are versatile and everyone likes.

But the most important is when I had leftovers and i can bake something  different,besides being an wonderful creativity   exercise  is a great way to avoid waste.

Do you remember the "picada " of last week? Is thus,  always left  a lot of colds and cheese
 and this time was no different.

So, I made some sandwiches, but there comes moment that you can not see one more  sandwich over the table.Don't it?.

So with the few remaining of cold and cheese I made a tart with a slightly different crust. We all know that the seeds are good for health, for their ant -oxidant properties  and  iron supply.
Buy a mix of ground seeds (sunflower, amaranth,oats and alfalfa) and enriched them crust.

 It was very tasty and  very healthy  I highly recommend.



                  Argula, parma ham, and blue cheese tart

Ingredients:


400g plain flour
3 tablespoons butter (chilled)
2  large eggs
1/2 ,teaspoon baknig powder
2 tablespoon seeds mix
2 tablespoons water or what you need
Salt

Filling:


100g Parma ham
1 / 2 cup finely chopped arugula
100g blue cheese (Gorgonzola or Roquefort)
1 large egg
1 / 2 cup cream cheese (for spread)
1 / 4 cup of milk
Method :

In a large bowl put together butter, salt,baking powder and  the mix of seeds Mix until being a crumbled mix 
Add eggs and water;if it gets too stiff add a little water.


Let stand in refrigerator for half an hour.
Preheat oven and make the filling.

Cut ham and crumble the gorgonzola.



 Add egg, cup of cream cheese. argula and milk. Mix well and pour over the tart.


 Do not put salt, because both the cheese and Parma ham arenaturally salty.
Bake in a baking tray greased for 40 minutes or until golden brown.



 Sunday morning came rainy, gray and autumnal  I do not like autumn and I do not like rainy days bring me sadness.
When I looked out the window, I felt depressed, had other plans for our Sunday, but do what? The way is to throw out the sadness and think of something to brighten the gray day.
Since it seems we were gonna spend the day at home reading or watching a movie, I try to start the day with something bright and colorful,  to offset the absence of color that had out there.








As I said before to you I'm the first to wake up, a habit I have had since my college days, until  today I think to stay in bed late makes the weekend shrink


So I went to the kitchen to prepare a breakfast more colorful than usual.I made some crepes with orange sauce accompanied by frozen  red berries and kiwis 

The slightly acid flavor of the fruit led me back  to a summery  sunny day.


To make crepes use your favorite recipe, I think we all have one if you do not have send me an email that I send  my recipe.



To make the sauce I used the juice of two oranges with 4 tablespoons of confectionery's sugar.

Whisk until sugar dissolves well, put on a saucepan  and took the stove to reduce in half.


I removed from heat and let cool.


I cut two thin slices of kiwifruit and got the crepes on individual plates, added the Kiwis and put the orange sauce, then sprinkled with confectioner's sugar and garnish  with frozen raspberries and blackberries and some mint leaves

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Your tart sounds amazing. I need some of these kinds of dishes in my life Sylvia.

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Oh wow! I love making tarts but never seem to land on a recipe I want to do a second time. I will definitely be trying this one! And those crepes! I always tell you this, but you really know how to live. Another gorgeous post.

Marly said...

Sylvia,

A torta ficou linda e é tão completa com estes deliciosos ingredientes, que me valeria por uma refeição. E o breakfast que, delícia! estes crepes parecem os crepes Suzette, rsrs.

Um beijo!