5 May 2009

Crusted herb Salmon with sliced almonds

Crusted Salmon, salad & brocoli

This week end us though was visit the international Buenos Aires book Fair .But before this my husband need cuts his hair in the barber at the shopping mall and there we go. Wile he cuts his hair I thought I'd take the opportunity to come and watch some kitchen stuffs I the stores and buying other ones. I'm lucky, my husband, watching my excitement while I open (is a polish way to say, in fact, destroying) packages said smiling – Is amazing how you love those little things. I guess that you would to use for take pictures for the blog, isn’t it? I gave to him a glance of complicity and winking my eye I brigs back the smile answering – Who knows … 009 copy

 After a wile I met him in a coffee store in the mall, and than we go to have lunch in a restaurant near the mall, during the meal I change my mind about the fair and said I don’t know, but what do you think? If we go o to the fair, we certainly spent much money that we expect, don’t you think? And when he watches the restaurant bill he said – You right.


  Dill, almond crusted salmon (Showing ingredients)

 Seriously, at this precise moment, dinner or lunch out is an expensive treat. With the same money that we spent to lunch out, I bought a half small red salmon, 1 bottle of good wine a piece of Italian grana padano cheese and a piece of French goat cheese. Also bread and some vegetables So on Sunday I prepared this salmon and trust me, we ate like a kings, neither in the best restaurants here I found this entire flavor.

  Crusted herb Salmon with sliced almonds


crusted salmon

  Ingredients
  • 700g boneless salmon
  • 1 lemon or lime juice
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • 1 handful fresh parsley
  • 3 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt, I use gray salt of Guerande
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs (I prefer Panko
  • because it doesn't get soggy)
  • 2 tablespoon dried dill
  • 4 tablespoons sliced almond




Method Preparing Salmon


Preheat the oven to 250°C set the salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet skin side down. Put the lemon juice over it In a food processor combine Italian parsley, olive oil, salt and garlic, pulse until obtain a paste Using a spoon spread it on the salmon Mix the panko and dried dill, add salt if you like. I didn’t Top with the bread crumb mixture and the sliced almonds Roast the salmon for 10-14 minutes or until it is almost completely firm to the touch and flakes when poked with a fork. Serve with salad and steamed broccoli

. AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 comments:

lisa (dandysugar) said...

It's a beautiful and delicious dish, Sylvia! I do think cooking at home is the best way to save money. It's always the most delicious too! Great way to prepare salmon.

Ivy said...

Wow, this sounds delicious. I love your new header.

lisaiscooking said...

Your salmon looks great! The almonds look delicious on top. Definitely better than going out to a restaurant!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love the way you took your pictures, so nice. What a great salmon.

Sara said...

This looks delicious! I love salmon, and I love almonds, so I'd love to try it.

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Looks delicious! I must admit I have never try yet to crust salmon and I make it very often, thank you for sharing this recipe :)

Margot

Andréa Potsch said...

Vim xeretar aqui também! Adorei seu blog! Vou incluí-lo em breve nos links do Blogs de Culinária.

Manggy said...

That is beautiful Sylvia-- I love Salmon :)

manjericota said...

Olá Sylvia, adorei essa receita, fiz e postei no meu blog. Adorei o seu blog, suas receitas são fantásticas!

Bjos, Dani