21 Aug 2007

Pintxos



When I was in Spain, one of the things that more I liked was the tapeo. The friends come out, and chat with their friend beside a bar, eating tapas and pinchos or pintxos, that are made with a small bread piece with a portion of food sustained by a toothpick or on a bamboo skewers. These kinds of appetizers are very regular in the Basque countries, Cantabria, Navarra and La Rioja. Then, I thought: do like the Spanish...and I did.The ingredients above the bread can be any type of food. In my prickles I have put two types of tomatoes (dry and fresh), gorgonzola cheese. Also pizza bread, that I put tomatoes, cheese and basil. But they can also be with fish and sea food. It can be accompanied by beer or a wine glass.

6 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

Mmm, tapas are amazing! What a great way to dine -- you get to try a couple of different things along with your wine or cocktail.

Unknown said...

Looks lovely and delicious. I have tagged you on my blog if you don't mind.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am enjoying your blog so far. What beautiful photographs and in English as well!!!!I will look forward to reading many more posts and wonderful recipes!!!!!

Sylvia said...

Kelly ,you right,and also a great(and cheap) way to gather round the friends.

Little mainyacha thanks for the tagged as soon as possible I post here.

Valli Thanks for your visit I hope meet you more times here

Thistlemoon said...

I love tapas! I think it is certainly the best way to eat - lots of little bites of very robust and delicious flavors!

WokandSpoon said...

Great idea for appetisers!